An increased consumption of motor oil through the turbocharger may be caused by continuous operation of a turbocharged engine with low-quality oil, engine overheating, improper vehicle operation and run with the same oil without change over the recommended period of time.
Possible reasons / Suggestions
Wear of bearings of turbocharger supports and seals (rings) may be the main reason for oil consumption through the turbine. It’s recommended to conduct treatment of an engine with Revitalizant with one of the following products:
- XADO 1 Stage Revitalizant®
- XADO AMC Maximum
- XADO Revitalizant® EX120 for gasoline/diesel engine
- XADO Revitalizant® for gasoline/diesel engine
Due to XADO Revitalizant the restoration of the sliding bearings of a turbocharger as well as restoration of initial clearances in case of non-critical wear can be achieved. Revitalizant does not impact the impeller and the turbine blade.
Blocked oil system and usage of low-quality oil can also be the reason of the wear of bearings of turbine supports:
- It is recommended to clean the engine with VitaFlush Oil system cleaner before conducting Revitalizant treatment.
- It’s also advised to change the oil and replace the oil filter.
It’s not recommended to shut down the turbocharged engine immediately after the stop. The oil cokes on the turbocharger supports and causes their wear. If the engine doesn’t have a turbo timer, it is advised to install such device.
Atomic Metal Conditioner Maximum with 1 Stage Revitalizant is next generation 3-component product specially designed for conducting treatment in vital engine parts in cars with oil system capacity up to 5 qt. Revitalizant contained in the product reduces friction, restores worn metal in engine parts and a new coating which protects against future wear. This product provides tools-free renovation and anti-wear protection of your machinery. By applying Atomic Metal Conditioner Maximum with 1 Stage Revitalizant you will prolong the life span of your engine and avoid expensive repairs in the future. It is worth to be noted that one treatment lasts for 60,000 miles.
- Restores worn engine metal and prevents metal wear
- Increases power and acceleration
- Reduces fuel consumption
- Increases compression in engine cylinders
- Decreases noise and vibrations
- Restores oil pressure
- Prevents metal parts from overheating and overloading
- Improves oil lubricating features and tribological characteristics of engine parts
- Increases engine life span
- Reduces exhaust emissions in the atmosphere such as CO2, CO, HC
- One treatment lasts for 60,000 miles