Here are possible signs of compression decrease:
- Problematic engine car
- Unstable operation in all modes
- Malfunction of one or several cylinders
- Popping sounds in the inlet and outlet manifold
- Increased fuel consumption
- Increased pressure in the cooling system connection
Here are possible reasons for low or unequal compression:
- Stuck piston rings, carbon sediments on the walls of the combustion chamber and on the piston group
- Worn or damaged operating surface of cylinders, light wear of compression piston rings
- Worn or damaged hydraulic lifters, improper adjustment of valves
- Worn guide brushings, deformation of the valve stem
- Failure of the cylinder or head gasket valve due to crack in the cylinder head, cylinder head deformation, failure or partial destruction of the piston, destruction of piston rings.
- If there are stuck piston rings and severe carbon sediments on the walls of the combustion chamber and on the piston top, it is recommended to decarbonize the cylinders at any operation stage by adding Verylube Anticarbon into the cylinders through spark plug holes (foe gasoline engines) or through orifices for nozzles or glow plugs (for diesel engines) without changing the motor oil. To prevent sticking of piston rings and to efficiently remove the carbon sediments on inner surfaces of cylinders and valves, it is recommended to clean the oil system of any engine before each oil change by adding XADO VitaFlush. The product is an intensive cleaner of oil system which is added into the old oil.
- In case of wear or damage to the operating surface of cylinders as well as light wear of compression piston rings, the cylinders should be treated with XADO Revitalizant® for cylinders by adding the product through plug holes (gasoline engines) or through orifices for nozzles or glow plugs (diesel engines). If there is severe wear of the cylinders, it is recommended to treat the whole oil system with a XADO Revitalizant (for gasoline or diesel engines), XADO Revitalizant EX120, XADO 1 Stage Revitalizant® or XADO AMC Maximum after using XADO Revitalizant for cylinders and scheduled change of engine oil.
- If there is low or unequal compression due to improper adjustment of valves, worn or damaged hydraulic lifters, the valves should be adjusted and damaged or worn hydraulic lifters should be replaced.
- If the guide brushings are worn or valve stem is deformed, it is recommended to repair the cylinder head, the bore valve guides and replace damaged valves.
- In case of valve or cylinder head gasket failure due to crack in the cylinder head, deformation of the cylinder head, complete failure or partial destruction of the piston, it is recommended to conduct a complete replacement of destroyed or deformed parts.