Possible reasons / Suggestions
VitaFlush Cleaner is designed to clean oil system of the fuel and diesel engines of all types (including the turbocharged engines) and transmission units. Completely cleans all deteriorations, resinous sediments and removes it with used oil. Due to revitalizant restores up to 70% of lost metal. It applies during the oil change as a prophylactic for cleaning and protecting from wear-out. Also it can be used as adaptive cleaner after changing the oil of a different viscosity (i.e. from the mineral on synthetic) or manufacturer.
- Knocks and strange sounds may appear due to worn mating engines. Clicks and knocks in the upper part of the engine indicate increased clearances in the valve drives, possible wear of camshaft cams as well as increased valve stem clearances. It is recommended to replace the defective parts and/or adjust the valve train.
Frequent clatter sounds indicate malfunctioning of the hydraulic lifters due to pollution of oil channels, unpressurized back-pressure valve or wear. Strange sounds disappear when an operating engine is warmed up, but malfunctioning hydraulic lifters continue to make knocking sounds. In case if the reason of the sounds is pollution, knocks will stop after cleaning of oil channels and the valve seat. If hydraulic lifters are worn, knocks can be eliminated by increasing the oil viscosity or changing it for a thicker one. More viscous oil will seal the clearances. In case of severe wear of hydraulic lifters they should be changed.
Here are XADO products that will help to solve the problem:
- Vita Flush oil system cleaner helps to wash oil channels in hydraulic lifters by adding it into the motor oil (200 to 1,000 km of run).
- Atomex Complex oil treatment, an antismoke oil treatment with Revitalizant which helps to increase oil viscosity.
- Verylube Metal conditioner TURBO for engine allows significantly reduce the knocks in hydraulic lifters.
Metallic clatter at certain operation modes of gasoline engines by increased loads may indicate detonation, caused by
- malfunction of the engine control system (early/late ignition, malfunctioning signal for opening of the injector or ignition coil plug etc.)
- adjustment and elimination of malfunctions in the engine control system, replacement of defective elements
low-quality fuel for gasoline engines.
Elimination of the consequences of using low-quality fuel as well as enhancement of fuel properties can be achieved by introducing one of the following products into the fuel:
- AtomEx F8 Complex Formula (Gasoline) product restores engine after using low-quality fuel
- Verylube Petrol Euro+ is an additive for enhancement of fuel quality
- Knocks can also be caused by preignition due to hot engine elements and increased carbon sediments on valves, pistons and surfaces of combustion chambers. To remove severe carbon sediments, it is recommended to use VERYLUBE Anticarbon engine cleaner for decarbonizing stuck piston rings of gasoline and diesel engines. The product is introduced directly into the engine cylinder. It is important to change the oil after decarbonizing the engine.
- Strange sounds (low flat knocks, metallic, ringing, repetitive noise) appearing in the middle and lower part of the engine at the same time with crankshaft revolutions indicate wear of main/rod bearings or decrease of oil pressure. Engine operation is impossible if there are knocks in main and rod bearings. In case of decreasing pressure in the lubrication system and the above mentioned noises appeared you can try to increase the oil viscosity or replace it with a thicker one to increase pressure. But it’s important to remember that it is just a temporary measure in order to get to a service station. Thicker oil will seal the clearances and increase the pressure. In order to increase oil viscosity it is recommended to use Atomex Complex Oil Treatment product.