Xado UK Privacy Notice
Last updated October 1, 2016
Controllers of Personal Information
Any personal information provided to or to be gathered by Xado.co.uk is controlled primarily by Xado.co.uk Ltd of Beaulieu, Brockenhurst, Hampshire SO42 7YJ UK.
Collection and Use of Personal Information About Customers
he information we learn from customers helps us personalise and continually improve your shopping experience at Xado.co.uk. We use the information to handle orders, deliver products and services, process payments, communicate with you about orders, products, services and promotional offers, update our records and generally maintain your accounts with us, display content such as wish lists and customer reviews and recommend merchandise and services that might be of interest to you. We also use this information to improve our store and platform, prevent or detect fraud or abuses of our website and enable third parties to carry out technical, logistical or other functions on our behalf.
Here are the types of information we gather.
- Information you give us: we receive and store any information you enter on our website or give us in any other way. You can choose not to provide certain information but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of our features.
- Automatic information: we receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, like many websites, we use "cookies" and we obtain certain types of information when your Web browser accesses Xado.co.uk. A number of companies offer utilities designed to help you visit websites anonymously. Although we will not be able to provide you with a personalised experience at Xado.co.uk if we cannot recognise you, we want you to be aware that these tools exist.
- E-mail communications: to help us make e-mails more useful and interesting, we often receive a confirmation when you open e-mail from Xado.co.uk if your computer supports such capabilities. We also compare our customer list to lists received from other companies in an effort to avoid sending unnecessary messages to our customers. If you do not want to receive e-mail or other mail from us, please adjust your Customer Communication Preferences.
- Information from other sources: we might receive information about you from other sources and add it to our account information.
What About Cookies?
- Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer's hard drive through your Web browser to enable our systems to recognise your browser and to provide features such personalised greetings and storage of items in your Shopping Basket between visits.
- The Help menu on the menu bar of most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie and how to disable cookies altogether. However, cookies allow you to take full advantage of some of Xado.co.uk's most innovative and useful features and we recommend that you leave them turned on.
- If you do leave cookies turned on, be sure to sign off when you finish using a shared computer.
Do Xado.co.uk Share the Information They Receive?
Information about our customers is an important part of our business and we are not in the business of selling it to others. Xado.co.uk share customer information only as described below and controls and that are either subject to this Privacy Notice or follow practices at least as protective as those described in this Privacy Notice.
- Businesses we do not control: we work closely with our affiliated businesses. In some cases, these businesses operate stores at Xado.co.uk or sell offerings to you at Xado.co.uk. In other cases, we may operate stores, provide services or sell product lines with or on behalf of these businesses. You can tell when a third party is involved in your transactions and we may share customer information related to those transactions with that third party.
- Agents:we employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include fulfilling orders, delivering packages, sending postal mail and e-mail, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analysing data, providing marketing assistance, processing credit card payments and providing customer service. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes. Further, they must process the personal information in accordance with this Privacy Notice and as permitted by the UK's Data Protection Act.
- Promotional offers: sometimes we send offers to selected groups of Xado.co.uk customers on behalf of other businesses. When we do this, we do not give that business your name and address. If you do not want to receive such offers, please adjust your Customer Communication Preferences.
- Business transfers: as we continue to develop our business, we might sell or buy stores, subsidiaries or business units. In such transactions, customer information generally is one of the transferred business assets but remains subject to the promises made in any pre-existing Privacy Notice (unless, of course, the customer consents otherwise). Also, in the unlikely event that Xado.com, Inc. or substantially all of its assets are acquired, customer information will of course be one of the transferred assets.
- Protection of Xado.co.uk: we release account and other personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with law, to enforce or apply our Conditions of Use and other agreements or to protect the rights, property or safety of Xado.co.uk, our users or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction. Obviously, however, this does not include selling, renting, sharing or otherwise disclosing personally identifiable information from customers for commercial purposes in a way that is contrary to the commitments made in this Privacy Notice.
- With your consent: other than as set out above, you will receive notice when information about you might go to third parties and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
Whenever we transfer personal information to countries outside of the European Economic Area in the course of sharing information as set out above, we will ensure that the information is transferred in accordance with this Privacy Notice and as permitted by the UK's Data Protection Act.
How Secure Is Information About Me?
- We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input.
- We reveal only the last five digits of your credit card numbers when confirming an order. Of course, we transmit the entire credit card number to the appropriate credit card company during order processing.
- We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards in connection with the collection, storage and disclosure of personally identifiable customer information. Our security procedures mean that we may occasionally request proof of identity before we disclose personal information to you.
- It is important for you to protect against unauthorised access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when you finish using a shared computer.
What Information Can I Access?
Xado.co.uk gives you access to a broad range of information about your account and your interactions with Xado.co.uk. This list will change as our website evolves.
What Choices Do I Have?
- As discussed above, you can always choose not to provide information, even though it might be needed to make a purchase or to take advantage of such Xado.co.uk features as discounts and offers.
- You can add or update certain information on pages such as those listed in your account information section above. When you update information, we usually keep a copy of the previous version for our records.
- If you do not want to receive e-mail or other mail from us, please adjust your Customer Communication Preferences. (If you do not want to receive Conditions of Use and other legal notices from us, such as this Privacy Notice, those notices will still govern your use of Xado.co.uk and orders placed with Xado.co.uk, and it is your responsibility to review them for changes.)
Conditions of Use, Notices and Revisions
If you choose to visit Xado.co.uk, your visit and any dispute over privacy is subject to this Privacy Notice and our Conditions of Use, including limitations on damages and application of the laws of England. If you have any concern about privacy at Xado.co.uk, please send a thorough description to sales@Xado.co.uk and we will try to resolve it.
Our business changes constantly and our Privacy Notice and the Conditions of Use will change also. We may e-mail periodic reminders of our notices and conditions, unless you have instructed us not to, but you should check our website frequently to see recent changes. Unless stated otherwise, our current Privacy Notice applies to all information that we have about you and your account. We stand behind the promises we make, however, and will never materially change our policies and practices to make them less protective of customer information collected in the past without the consent of affected customers.
Related Practices and Information: Conditions of Use
Information You Give Us
You provide most of such information when you search, buy, bid, post, participate in a contest or questionnaire or communicate with customer services. For example, you provide information when you search for a product, place an order through Xado.co.uk or one of our third-party sellers, make a purchase, provide information in Your Account (and you might have more than one if you have used more than one e-mail address when shopping with us) or your About You area, communicate with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise or complete a questionnaire. As a result of those actions, you might supply us with such information as your name, address and phone number, your credit card information, details of people to whom purchases have been shipped (including address and phone number), e-mail addresses of people you give to us and e-mails to us, the personal description in your About You area and financial information.
Examples of the information we collect and analyse include the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, login, e-mail address, password, computer and connection information such as browser type and version, your operating system and platform, purchase history, which we sometimes aggregate with similar information from other customers to create features such as Top Sellers, the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our website (including date and time), cookie number, products you viewed or searched for and any phone number used to call our customer services number.
Information from Other Sources
Examples of information we receive from other sources include updated delivery and address information from our carriers or other third parties, which we use to correct our records and deliver your next purchase or communication more easily, account information, purchase or redemption information and page-view information from some merchants with which we operate co-branded businesses for which we provide technical, fulfillment, advertising or other services (such as Xado.com) and credit history information from credit bureaus, which we use to help prevent and detect fraud and to offer certain credit or financial services to some customers.
Co-Branded and Joint Offerings
An example of a business with which we offer co-branded products is Xado.com. In the future we may offer joint or co-branded products and services with other companies.
Information You Can Access
Examples of information you can currently access easily at Xado.co.uk include up-to-date information regarding recent orders, personally identifiable information (including name, e-mail, password, communications preferences), payment settings (including credit-card information and cheque balances), e-mail notification settings (newsletters).